Discount Drug Stores Club Member Program Terms & Conditions
- Valid from 9 April 2018 -
These terms and conditions form the basis of the Discount Drug Store Club Member program and govern the use of the Club Member card / membership by customers that have applied for and/or use the Club Member card / membership.
The program is operated and managed by Discount Drug Stores, owned and operated by Sigma Company Limited ABN 004 132 923.
- Membership is free.
- Only individuals (not businesses) may become a ‘Club Member’.
- A person may become a Club Member of the Discount Drug Stores loyalty program if they are over 18 years old and are an Australian resident.
- Only 1 (one) Club Membership per person is permitted.
- To become a Club Member, customers must sign up in-store or online at www.discountdrugstores.com.au.
- In applying for and or/using the ‘Club Member’ program the person agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions, including any variation to them from time to time.
- Discount Drug Store Management reserves the right to refuse any application for membership at their discretion.
- Club Members can access and update their personal details in their preferred Discount Drug Store pharmacy or by sending an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. It is the Club Member’s responsibility to update their profile details (email address, phone number, etc.).
Club Member Cards
- New customers registered from Monday 16th of April 2018 will receive a Club Member Number upon: completion of application when applying in-store or online and by providing a valid email address. If you want to know your Club Member Number, please send an email to email@example.com
- For customers who have a card, the Club Member card is and remains the property of Discount Drug Store Management and cannot be transferred or assigned by a Cardholder (except that you may permit members of your immediate family to use your card / membership).
- For customers who are a cardholder, if a Club Member card is lost, stolen, or damaged the Cardholder may apply for a new Club Member card by visiting their preferred Discount Drug Store. Any vouchers or offers on the lost or stolen card will be transferred to the new card, provided the person requesting the new card can be identified as the original cardholder. We may charge $1.00 per card replacement.
- Please be aware however, that we no longer encourage the use of plastic Club Member card replacements or distribution as have switched over to digital use. This is to reduce our environmental footprint whilst promoting easier loyalty transactions at the register. The new process involves the asking of an email address whilst at the check out, to which the loyalty promotional offer can be applied to the Club Member’s account.
Discount Drug Stores General Liability
- To the extent permitted by law, Discount Drug stores will not be liable for any delays, disruptions, omissions or errors in the operation of the Discount Drug Stores Club Member program. This includes any technical or mechanical malfunctions and Discount Drug Stores will not be liable for any loss caused by any such errors.
- To the extent permitted by law Discount Drug Stores is not liable for any rewards, vouchers, offers, and/or benefits not being available for any reason whatsoever. In addition, and without limiting the foregoing, to the extent permitted by law we are not liable for: any failure by a Club Member to take advantage of a reward, voucher, offer and/or benefit because they have not complied with the conditions of the specific offer (including limited time offers), or by any failure of the Club Member to notify your nominated store that you are a member and entitled to an offer or benefit.
- Participating stores may cease to be participants of the Discount Drug Store Club Member program, for reasons such as resignation from the Discount Drug Stores brand. To the extent permitted by law Discount Drug Stores is not liable if you fail to receive rewards or benefits because a participating store ceases to be a participant in the Discount Drug Stores Club Member program.
- Discount Drug Stores may at any time, at their discretion and with or without prior notice to Club Members, amend the terms and conditions, amend, suspend, or terminate the Discount Drug Stores Club Member program, or cancel a person’s membership, even if this would: reduce or eliminate the number, value or length of validity of, Club Member rewards and offers already issued.
- Discount Drug Stores gives no warranty as to the continuing availability of the Discount Drug Store Club Member Program.
- Discount Drug Stores will not be financially liable for the termination of a Club Member’s membership or the Discount Drug Store Club Member program, including any valid vouchers and offers that have not been redeemed at the time of termination.
Redeeming Vouchers & Offers
- Redemption rules for all Club Member vouchers & offers are outlined in the email that contains the voucher.
- Vouchers can only be used once per person only during the promotion period.
- Once vouchers have been used once, they cannot be used again. Any abuse will lead to the cancellation of the membership and the loss of all offers.
- Club Members vouchers and offers can only be redeemed by the Club Member that the voucher/offer was issued to.
- Vouchers cannot be used for prescription purchases and cannot be exchanged for cash or gift vouchers.
- Failure to identify your Club Membership during a transaction is the responsibility of the Club Member customer and is not the responsibility of the Discount Drug Store staff member. A Club Member wishing to redeem any loyalty voucher is required to advise the staff member at the time of purchase. Discount Drug Stores will not automatically redeem loyalty vouchers in the Club Members account.
- Partial redemptions are not possible. No cash refunds will be made where the voucher amount balance on the transaction exceeds the price of the items purchased.
- We reserve the right to amend pricing due to manufacturer price rises or printed errors.
- We reserve the right to, at our sole discretion, remove, modify or cancel promotions at any time due to any reason.
Please be aware that some Discount Drug Stores choose separately to opt out of the Club Member Program, to which as addressed above, Discount Drug Stores is not liable for whether promotional offers are redeemed or honoured in-store.