CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
Discount Drug Stores Father’s Day Competition
Read Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these conditions of entry.
- The Promoter is Discount Drug Stores PTY LTD, 56-58, Jephson Street, Toowong, QLD 4066 (Promoter).
- The competition commences at 8.00am 1st September 2020 and concludes at 11.59pm 6th of December 2020.
- The winner will be announced Monday 7th of September
- Entry is open to all Discount Drug Stores loyalty customer who are residents of Australia aged 18 years or over (Entrants), except employees of the promoter and their immediate families, associated companies and agencies.
- Eligible entrants must answer the question related to the competition they wish to enter and complete any added requests.
- All valid entries received during the Promotion Period will be reviewed by the Promoter. This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winners. Each entry will be individually judged based on originality and creativity (Judging Criteria). The winning entry will be judged according to the Judging Criteria. This judgement will be final and there will be no opportunity to rebut the decision.
- Winners will be contacted through the given details on the entry form.
- The winner’s prize will be sent from Discount Drug Stores Head Office to the winner’s nominated postal address.
- The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever suffered, including but not limited to direct or consequential loss, or personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prizes.
- Entrants can only enter in their own name. Entrants who provide incorrect, misleading or fraudulent information are ineligible to participate in the promotion and all Entries of an Entrant who is deemed by the Promoter to have provided incorrect, misleading or fraudulent information may, at the absolute discretion of the Promoter, be deemed invalid.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of Entries and Entrants (including an Entrant’s identity, age, place of residence, eligibility to enter and claim a prize, and any information submitted by the Entrant in entering the promotion) and reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to disqualify any Entrant who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. If any documentation required by the Promoter is not received by the Promoter (or its nominated agent) or an Entrant or Entry has not been verified or validated to the Promoter’s (or its nominated agent’s) satisfaction then all the Entries of that Entrant may be ineligible and deemed invalid. Method considered suitable for verification is at the Promoter’s absolute discretion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's absolute discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- Only one (1) Entry per person is permitted. Any subsequent Entry of an Entrant after the first valid Entry is received from that Entrant will be deemed invalid.
- Any prize awarded to an Entrant that is later invalidated, must be returned and may be redrawn in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- In the event that the Prize is not claimed the judges will select an alternate winner on the basis of the Judging Criteria. In the event that the alternate winner does not claim their prize by 6:00PM AEST on 30 September 2020 then the Prize will be forfeited by the alternate winner and neither cash nor any other prize will be awarded in lieu of that prize.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Entrant assumes full responsibility for any and all risks of injury, death or property damages that may result from the use of the Prize. Each prize winner may be required to sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
- The provision of the prize will be subject to clearance from customs. The prize will be delivered as soon as reasonably possible, however the delivery of the prize to the winner may be delayed for reasons beyond the Promoter’s control. If any prize (or any part thereof) is unavailable, for any reason beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control, the Promoter, in its absolute discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
- Prize, or any unused portion of the prize, is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash, unless specified otherwise. The prizes must be taken as offered and cannot be varied.
- The stated Prize value is the recommended retail value (including GST) in Australia as provided by the supplier and is correct at the time of printing.
- As a condition of entering this promotion, Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without further notification, remuneration or compensation for the purpose of promoting, publicising or marketing this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter. The Entrant agrees that, in the event they are a winner, the Entrant will participate in all reasonable promoted activities in relation to the promotion as required by the Promoter and its agents and sign any additional documents reasonably required by the Promoter to give effect to this condition.
- If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster (including natural disaster), infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention, directions of regulators or industry self-regulatory bodies, fraud or anything which corrupts or affects the administration, security fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any Entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act 2001 or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). However, to the extent permitted by law, the Promoter makes no warranties and accepts no liability in relation to any prize, its condition or fitness for any purpose.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter and each Participating Store (including their respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including for negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any Entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or Entrant (independent financial advice should be sought); or (f) taking and/or use of a prize.
- Entrants agree (subject to any applicable law which cannot be excluded) to release and indemnify the Promoter, Discount Drug Stores and their respective related bodies corporate and their officers, directors, employees, and agents from any and all liability arising from their death or personal injury, or arising from any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered, sustained or incurred (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss or loss of profits or loss arising from negligence and all legal costs on a solicitor-client basis) by the entrant arising directly or indirectly out of or in connection with the use of the Prize. Entrants agree not to bring any legal action, suit or claim whatsoever against any supplier in respect of, or arising from the taking or use of the Prize.
- Entrants acknowledge and understand that they are responsible for any costs incurred in the event of an accident arising from or in connection with, their acceptance or use of the Prize, or any activities associated with it, including but not limited to the costs of any medical, ambulance or surgical treatment.