Immunity and defence
Our complex immune systems help protect us from illness and infection.
While it’s best to get your vitamins and minerals as part of a healthy diet, if you need support maintaining a healthy amount of vitamins or help to strengthen your body’s response to cold or flu, speak to your friendly Discount Drug Stores team.
Always read the label. Follow directions for use. If symptoms persist, change or worsen talk to your health professional. Vitamin supplements should not replace a balanced diet
- Vitamin C is needed to make collagen and plays an important role in the body’s control of infections and wound healing, as well as improving the absorption of the type of iron found in plant foods such as leafy greens.
- Did you know including vitamin-C-rich food with meals can help you boost iron absorption?1
- Vitamin K is a fat-soluable vitamin mainly found in leafy greens and vegetables and it plays an essential role in blood clotting, and working with calcium to keep our bones strong and healthy.2
- Vitamin K is important for wound healing and research shows that foods containing this vitamin may help to protect against cardiovascular disease.3
- Echinacea is loaded with plant compounds that function as antioxidants.
- Studies have found that echinacea may help your immune system to combat infections and help with recovery.4