In-pharmacy rapid antigen testing
Receive a pharmacist-certified result
At select Discount Drug Stores we offer convenient supervised rapid antigen testing (RAT) conducted in-pharmacy with a certificate issued on the same day.
Discount Drug Stores’ in-pharmacy rapid antigen testing is designed to support with entry requirements for travel, aged care, return to work, hospitals, healthcare and more.
This service is only available for asymptomatic customers. Speak to your local Discount Drug Stores team to learn more.
Once a rapid antigen test is conducted your Discount Drug Stores pharmacist will then issue a certificate confirming the result to be the true and correct result of the test conducted on the day.
This certificate may be used for proof of status in many situations.
Please note that different destinations, institutions or situations may have different requirements so don’t forget to check this before booking.
How it works
- The rapid antigen test is conducted in a private consultation room with the appropriate personal protective equipment in line with Discount Drug Stores’ COVIDSafe guidelines.
- Your pharmacist may either conduct the test personally, or supervise while you perform the test, ensuring proper procedures are followed for your test.
- The result is certified by the pharmacist to be the true and correct result of the test conducted on the day.
Who it’s for
- The service is only suitable for asymptomatic patients who require a certified rapid antigen test for relevant work, travel or entry purposes.
- Different situations have different requirements, so don’t forget to check this before booking. If travelling, check the requirements of your destination at smartraveller.gov.au.
Recording the results
- Once a rapid antigen test is conducted your pharmacist will then issue a certificate confirming the result of your test.
What happens if the result is positive
- The service is only suitable for asymptomatic persons, but if you receive a positive result you must follow local Department of Health guidelines in your State or Territory.
Negative results do not exclude infection with COVID-19. For positive test results follow Department of Health guidelines in your applicable State or Territory. Available at selected pharmacies for asymptomatic persons requiring certification only and not a diagnostic tool for those with COVID-19 symptoms. For travel, requirements vary between destinations. To check the requirements for your destination, visit https://www.smartraveller.gov.au
Frequently asked questions
No – your pharmacist will provide a rapid antigen test as part of your appointment. Our Discount Drug Store pharmacies only use TGA (Therapeutic Goods Administration) approved and authorised rapid antigen tests to ensure an accurate and reliable result. The pharmacist must personally supervise that the correct testing technique is conducted as per the manufacturer’s guidelines, which may differ depending on which test is being used and can only certify the result if a registered RAT device is used.
As long as whichever test kit selected has been registered and approved for use in Australia by the TGA, a certificate will still be issued certifying the result. Consumers can check the list HERE for all TGA-approved kits in Australia.
Rapid antigen tests can be used for all age groups, however, children under the age of 18 need to be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
If you receive a positive result, follow local Department of Health guidelines in your State or Territory.
This service is only suitable for asymptomatic patients who require a certified rapid antigen test for work, travel or entry purposes. Negative results will allow the pharmacist to issue a valid certificate of proof of result if asymptomatic. A negative test result is not a guarantee that you do not have coronavirus. Please continue to follow local Department of Health guidelines in your State or Territory.