• Home
  • Health Services

Under the Fair Work Act introduced in 2009 Pharmacists have the authority to write Absence from Work Certificates*. These certificates can be issued for a person who is ill or injured, or for a carer of someone who is ill or injured (excluding parental leave). Consultations for an Absence from Work Certificate are conducted in-store by an experienced Pharmacist and can vary in length. If you require this service, it is recommended that you find your closest store offering this service and make an appointment. Please note that a cost will apply for this service and may vary across stores.

If you are unwell, or caring for someone who is, and you are unable to see your Doctor then our Pharmacists may be able to help.

To see if your local Discount Drug Store offers this service, search our store locator and contact them today.

*Absence from Work Certificates are issued at the Pharmacist’s discretion. Pharmacists can only issue certificates for conditions they are professionally qualified to assess and cannot backdate certificates. When writing Absence from Work Certificates for a carer, the person who is ill must be present. There may be a charge associated with this service.